Darling you send me..

Monday, June 11, 2007

One Sentence

anyone

As I stood in the eternal checkout line, the first 12 seconds of "Grease is the Word" skipping endlessly over the sound system, I realized the pretend boyfriend I was describing to the crazy bag lady was you.

Edie

I conduct job interviews for a living and nothing gives me a better sense of wielding karma than giving the job to the nervous kid instead of the better qualified arrogant prick.

Jesse

She's ruined half of my music library for me.

Eureka

There's a picture of you on my wall and sometimes I feel funny about getting naked in front of it.

Holly

Five years and an engagement ring later, my brother forgave his ex-best-friend for hitting on his little sister.

cha

It's been so long that I don't even look down your street anymore.

Sonja Herbert

Because my mother lost her faith while hiding in a circus during the Third Reich, I was raised a carnie brat, looking for true religion all over the world.

zot

I am heart-sick because, like many parents of children with profound disabilities, my most secret and unspoken prayer is "Dear God, please let me outlive my child."

saunya

I held my father's hand as he died in that hospital room and realized I'd never held his hand before that moment.

Anonymous

I couldn't bear to tell the girl I loved that I was only dreaming and that she was merely a figment of my imagination, so I kissed her, and as the world lost its color, I slowly woke up.

Angel

The worst thing about secret girlfriends is that when they get hit by cars you're not supposed to cry.

Carmen

I was only fourteen.

Erik Wennstrom

It was one of those exams that you absolutely must pass if you want to continue in the program, and I failed the set-your-alarm-clock-properly portion.

Finster

My friend Bob loved his vinyl records so much that he used to obsess about which ones to save if his house caught fire but when it actually happened he chose his girlfriend instead.

Adam

The pedestrian looked concerned, as he bounced off the bonnet of my car.

JuliePatchouli

He longed for me for four years in high school and then forgot; I avoided him for four years in high school and then obsessed for ten about what could have been.

Shine

I waited two years for a chance with her, but in the end it was she who took the chance with me.

dragonsquirrel92

"I was waiting for you," she said, and for an instant I wasn't alone.

Sheryl

When asked to name the one person absent from her life that she missed the most, she responded, "The person I hoped I'd be by this point in my life."

Erik

When I read that the moon is moving away from the Earth at a rate of an inch a year, I knew one day too it would abandon me.

N

I used to pray every month for my period to come, but recently I've started hoping it wouldn't.

denton

I want to hold her to stop her tears, but I know my girlfriend would not appreciate that.

Ainsley

He told me that he hates himself, so I told him that I love him.

Ali

She breezed into my technology class, late and toting a beige shoulder bag, and I knew that some time later she was going to be the most wonderful thing in my life.

Missing: Love
I’ve never been on a plane but in September I’m flying 3,000 miles to meet a guy who makes me laugh and was arrested by the Mexican police.

www.onesentence.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home